Friday, August 28, 2009

The beginning of the rest of my life :D


Today, well, technically yesterday in a minute (yes, it's 11:59 pm right now), I started college. Well, new student orientation at least. I Was uber excited when I woke up to realize that it was the day. THE DAY. You see, I'm commuting, but they let commuters stay overnight for a few days. I brought SO much with me, just in case. I was right to overpack. And it's only the first day. Well, now second day.
I began to realize how hesitant and scared I was when we finally reached the campus. Thankfully, it all blew over, and I felt content. I can't tel you how happy I am to be here right now. I feel like i'm really on my way.
The day started with information sessions, and room assignments. Not bad. Then, we were separated into random groups where we played "get to know you" games. That's basically what we did all day, and it was great.
They had this huge.....Thing in the gym area. It was a THING. I can;t really figure out what else to call it. It was a "break the ice" sort of thing. It was so cool. We entered the gym to a bunch of orientation leaders cheering us on. One by one, each student walked through the hallway of older students, and joined them for other students to walk through (if that makes any sense). Music was blasting (they even played "Birthday" by the Beatles!) It was wonderful, but slightly awkward *cough*HUMAN CHAIR *uncough* But it definitely worked.
Right after, everyone headed over to what they call "The Chat" for a comedian named Dave Binder. Look him up, and watch him. He's amazing. His routine was designed for college students, and the OLs love him. He was interactive with the audience, like he got them to dance to his version of the "Fast food song"! Frickin' awesome. He had us do "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes", even. Then, he had us do it to our partners (awkward), then, had us find two more partners, and do it with our backs on them (even more awkward). I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense at all, but it's late, and I want to go to bed, but I want to get this all out too.
I finally feel like an adult. It's crazy. I feel like I can do anything I want now (I basically can) and do it right. It's crazy. I've never felt like this before. I feel like I changed over the past day. I like it. I'm actually sort of proud.
Well, goodnight! Can't wait to meet more people tomorrow :D



No comments:

Post a Comment